Monday, April 9, 2018

paradigm

My dear madam
why? you ask why and
though I deign it quite
personal and proprietary
as things artistic often are with
you I will share my reasons because
I cannot care what others think though
some may like my work while others may not
but it does not matter all that matters is
what I think and how I feel though that is
hard because my skin is so thin you can see through it
but translucent though it may be it remains taunt and strong impenetrable
keeping out barbs and harm protecting my inner soul sustaining its warmth and safety
against the naysayers and misanthropes the skeptics and disparagers those that scoff
disdain and deride because I cannot please them nor do I try because in the end it is only
myself that I have myself to whom I answer myself that must be satisfied and though you may or
may not understand this paradigm it is to that ideal I must adhere lest my truth abandon me to sit motionless voiceless sightless
©Karen Casady 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

fallback

and denial creeps in it has a way about it surreptitious silent habitual  the fallback the go to the familiar a wise mechanism protective sa...